[Registration to the conference is free and is available online]
12 April 2017
Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE)and itsNational Funding bodies; Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT), Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology (KEIT) and Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation Planning (KETEP) are organising Korea-UK technology conference taking place in 12 April 2017 atMary Ward House Conference & Exhibition Center.
The primary objective of Korea-UK Technology Conference is to anticipate the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution in research and innovation and to discuss policies and actions for the rapid transition. It also envisages opportunities to facilitate links and ties between distinguished experts in industry and technology living and working in Korea and the UK.
Distinguished speakers will cover a broad range of topics around Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Advanced Materials, Biology and Health and New Energy.
|14:00~14:05||5‘||- Opening Remark - Marn Ki Jeong, Vice Minister of MOTIE|
- Prof John Loughhead
Chief Scientific Adviser of the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
|14:10~14:50||40‘||Korea New Industry & Technology Policy and Vision in the era of 4th Industrial Revolution|
- WonheeSull, Managing Director of Industry Convergence, Office of Strategic R&D Planning(OSP) of MOTIE
|UK's Industry in the 4th Industrial Revolution|
- Eric Van der Kleij, Chairman of the Advisory Group, Department for International Trade (DIT)
|14:50~15:20||30‘||Session 1 : ICT Convergence(IoT, AI, Big Data) |
- (Korea) Jaewon Moon, Principal Researcher at Korea Electronics Technology Institute(KETI)
- (UK) Jorn Mehnen, Professor at University of Strathclyde Glasgow
|15:40~16:10||30‘||Session 2 : Advanced materials|
- (Korea) Seung-Eon Kim, Principal Researcher at Korea Institute of Materials Science (KIMS)
- (UK) M. Tumelty, Chef Engineer at Rools-Royce
|16:10~16:40||30‘||Session 3 : Bio & Health|
- (Korea) June-Woo Park, Director at Korea Institute of Toxicology (KIT)
- (UK) Julian K-C Ma, Professor at St George’s University of London
|16:40~17:10||30'||Session 4 : New energy|
- (Korea) Seong Jegarl, Director at Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
- (UK) Tim Green, Professor at Imperial College London
|Closed session, (Discussion by technology group, Invitation Only)|
|17:10~18:00||50‘||Group 1 : ICT Convergence||Group 2 : Advanced material||Group 3 : Bio& Health||Group 4 : New energy|
NOTE: The maximum number of participants is limited, so early registration is recommended.
Deadline for registration is 5 April, 2017.
Mary Ward House Conference & Exhibition Centre
Mary Ward House, 7 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9SN, UK
KIAT (Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology)
Tel: 82-2-6009-3191 E-mail: email@example.com
HOST : Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
ORGANISER : KIAT, Keit, KETEP